Sanitas International ResidentsEspecially for foreigners
Sanitas International Residents is designed for foreigners residents in Spain
Sanitas International Residents is a comprehensive assistance health insurance for foreigners residing in Spain and designed to cover their health needs inside and outside our country. With free choice of specialists, reimbursement of medical expenses and without copayments.
Some additional coverages that complete this product:
- Repatriation guarantee: Transfer of the insured and a companiion to the country of origin in case of death of the insured.
- Reimbursement cover: Freedom of choice of specialist and medical centre in Spain and during your trips abroad.
- 80% reimbursement cover, with 2 maximun amount options: €150,000/year or €300,000/year
Cover included in Sanitas International Residents
What does this medical insurance cover?
Coverage of Sanitas International Residents has been defined to cover the most important medical assistance needs of foreigners during their period of residence in Spain:
- Primary Care: General medicine, paediatrics, nursing assistance, emergency services…
- Access to all specialities without restrictions: Cardiology, dermatology, endocrinology, orthopaedic traumatology, gynaecology, ophthalmology, oncology, psychiatry…
- Diagnostic tests: Clinical tests, ultrasound scans, x-rays, MRI scans, endoscopies, scanning…
- Therapeutic methods: Rehabilitation sessions, oncological treatments, respiratory therapies, speech-language therapy sessions, lithotripsy, radiotherapy…
- Surgical operations: whether or nor it requires a stay in hospital.
- Dental Cover: 30 services included and 21% discount on all other dental treatments.
And besides that, you’ll enjoy the following exclusive coverage included:
- 80% expense reimbursement of medical expenses and a limit of €150,000 or €300,000, in order to be able to visit any specialist or medical centre worldwide.
- Repatriation: Transfer of the insured and a companion to the country of origin in case of death of the insured.
For greater convenience, in addition to Spanish, you will have available all the documentation of your policy and customer service in English and German.
To be able to contract a policy with Sanitas you must reside in Spain at least 6 months a year (during the term of the contract).
Contract conditions for Sanitas International Residents
The waiting periods indicate the time that has to elapse between the discharge in the medical insurance and the possibility of using certain services. Only the following services have waiting periods:
|Outpatient surgical operations||3 months|
|High-tech diagnostic tests||6 months|
|Childbirth or Caesarean||8 months|
|The following complex therapeutic methods: interventional cardiology, haemodynamics, interventional radiology, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and lithotripsy.||10 months|
|Tubal ligation and vasectomy||10 months|
|Hospitalisation and non-outpatient system surgical operations.||10 months|
And if you already have health insurance with a competitor, all waiting periods are eliminated except the one corresponding to childbirth.
Maximum age at inception date
The maximum age for purchasing this product is 64 years old.
Cover age limit
There is no cover age limit.
Discount due to payment method 4% annually
This product does not have co-payments or extra costs in addition to the monthly premium. There are no franchises either.
10% discount for 4 or more insured
10% discount for life on the net insurance premium when purchasing policies with an effective date between 01/04/2019 and 01/12/2019 with 4 or more new insureds. The discount will be applicable whilst the policy is current and payment is up to date and with 4 or more insureds. Offer not applicable to groups or to optional supplementary guarantees.